Group Trauma Sensitive Yoga Series
Time & Location
About The Event
This 8 week trauma sensitive yoga (TCTSY) program is for women experiencing PTSD or complex trauma.
Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TCTSY) is based on hatha yoga, where we practice a series of physical forms and movements, without the need to "get it right". Instead, elements of traditional hatha yoga are modified to build experiences of empowerment and cultivate a more positive relationship to one’s body.
Trauma sensitive yoga can help to:
- safely connect with your body and breath
- increase feelings of empowerment
- rebuild and strengthen relationship to self and others
- remain in the present moment
“I can choose what to do with my body and life and relationships.” - TCTSY Participant
What to expect during the program?
- There are no hands-on assists in these classes. You are in charge of your own body.
- You have choices about how you want to interact with your body and the yoga forms during these classes.
- Your facilitator, Jemma Moody, will be practicing with you. She will remain on her mat during the whole class and will often practice with her eyes closed.
- This will be a closed group for up to 8 participants, open to anyone identifying as a woman. New students will be accepted in the first 2-3 weeks and then the group will stay the same.
- No yoga experience is necessary.
Where and how much?
The 8 week program runs from 8 September to 27 October at Praxis Mittelweg 50.
Every Saturday from 14:00 to 15:00
The practice is located on Mittelweg 50, close to U Leinestraße (U8). Walk through the front yard and the entrance through the backdoor. You'll find us on the second floor.
Cost for the full 8 weeks is €120.
Prior registration is required. I would like to ask a few questions before we begin working together, this is so I am able to best support you during your Trauma Sensitive Yoga series. You are welcome to complete this electronic form or we can complete it together over the phone. If you would like to complete your registration over the phone, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your best contact number and a time that is suitable for you for a phone call.
You are welcome to skip any questions you would prefer not to complete. All the information you provide will remain confidential.
You can find more information on my website and complete the intake form here:
Please note, it is important that you are either currently in talk therapy or you have access to a therapist during the time you are also taking TCTSY classes. This is to ensure that you are fully supported during the program.
This may be a counsellor, psychologist, social worker or another person you have a professional therapeutic relationship with.
I am a trauma sensitive yoga facilitator (TCTSY-F), certified hatha yoga teacher and social worker. I have a background working with survivors of sexual and gender-based violence as well as refugees and people seeking asylum. I am passionate about ensuring yoga is accessible to everyone regardless of gender, age, cultural background and ability. I seek to offer TCTSY classes in a safe, non-judgemental and welcoming environment.